Thursday, July 5, 2012

13.1 Training

I officially began training for a half marathon that I probably won't be able to run on Sunday. I downloaded an app and it trains using a run/walk method. So far I'm liking it. The only thing I'm not liking is it's EVERY DAY except 1 day is a rest day. 2 days are cross training. I have been having issues with not pushing myself too hard on the cross training days. This morning I took Libby for the run/walk and she wasn't having it so it turned into a fast 45 minute walk. She isn't a running dog. She continues to prove this to me every time I think I'll try to kill two birds with one stone. I am OK with doing today's workout as a fast walk because yesterday was only supposed to be 30 minutes of cross training and instead hubby and I went for an hour long bike ride. I don't want to push myself too hard at the beginning. I may have a bachelorette party the day of the half so I may not be able to do it but I felt like training for it would at least keep me motivated to do something this summer. So far I haven't been stressed about how far I am going just trying to go. For whatever reason I have been feeling run-down this week. There is really no excuse for this since it's summer and I'm not working but I have been very unmotivated and feeling incredibly lazy. Hoping next week will be better.

Yesterday was the 4th. I went to a friends house then to my parents house. I ate too much. I have a love/hate relationship with cookouts. Open food tables is a danger zone for me. I always end up eating more than I intend to and then I get mad at myself. I did OK yesterday but still ate more than I would have on a normal Wednesday. Cookouts are definitely something that I need to work on. They are beginning to stress me out like eating out stresses me out. It can just be so hard to make the right choices when you are being so tempted. And I do all of the tricks that are recommended like drink a big bottle of water (I drink a lot of water all of the time...so this one doesn't really work), eat something healthy and high in protein before going (doesn't seem to work...I'll still eat to the point of uncomfortable) and I've tried various other things but nothing seems to work :(. Suggestions are welcome on how to not overeat at cookouts :)!

Here is a pic of my favorite little man on his first holiday!




Happy Thursday :)
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment